Easter is really early this year, it’s going to come around so quickly! It’s now less than three weeks until Good Friday, and now that I’m back at work, there’s limited time to bake and enjoy all of the delicious, gluten free Easter goodies on offer. One of my all time favourite Easter treats are Cadbury’s Mini Eggs. They are classic and remind me of childhood Easter egg hunts in my Grandparent’s garden! This year I’ve decided to incorporate them into blondies.
This may surprise you, but these are the first ever blondies I’ve made. I’ve always been a fan of brownies, but for some reason never thought of trying blondies. I guess the thought of making it without the chocolate didn’t seem worthwhile. But, of course, it absolutely is! Blondies are delicious and I can’t wait to try more flavours. Let me know in the comments below if you have any suggestions I should try.
For this recipe you will need a 20x20cm square baking tin, lined with baking paper.
Mini Egg Blondies
- 200 g Melted butter
- 125 g White granulated sugar
- 130 g Light brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 275 g Gluten free plain flour
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 300 g Mini eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or gas mark 4 and line a 20 x 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Mix together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs, vanilla essence, flour and cornflour and continue mixing.
- Crush the mini eggs slightly (I bash the pack with a rolling pin), then fold in two-thirds of the pack into your mixture.
- Pour the blondie mix into the tin and spread it with a spatula into all four corners.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a cake skewer comes out clean.
- Top with the rest of the mini eggs (push some into the top of the blondie while it's soft) then leave to cool.
- Cut into squares to serve.
I hope you enjoy baking these, as always, let me know how your bakes turn out! I love seeing your creations!