Last month I decided to invest in a slow cooker as I’m not usually a fan of meat, and I’ve heard lots of lovely things about slow-cooked meats. The tenderness, added flavour and convenience has so far impressed me and I am enjoying the opportunity to experiment with more low FODMAP recipes.
One of my favourites so far has to be Pulled Chicken Fajitas served with gluten free tortilla wraps, cheddar cheese, soured cream, avocado and lettuce. Delicious! Please note that soured cream (lactose) and avocado need to be reintroduced.
This recipe makes enough fajita mix to serve four, however I had the leftovers with rice for lunches.
Pulled Chicken Fajitas
- 640 g Chicken breast fillets
- 3 Mixed peppers
- 1 tbsp Garlic-infused oil
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes
- ½ tsp Ground ginger
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- 100 g Chopped tomatoes
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic-infused oil, spices (smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, chilli flakes, asafoetida), chopped tomatoes and mixed peppers.
- Pour the mixture into the slow-cooker and place on a low heat setting.
- Place the chicken fillets on top of the mixture and cover with a lid. Leave to slow cook for between 4-5 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, prepare your fajita sides including gluten free wraps, soured cream or creme fraiche, grated cheddar cheese, lettuce and avocado.
Let me know if you give this recipe a try, I love seeing others enjoying my low FODMAP recipes.
Also – watch this space, I’m planning to share more slow-cooker recipes this winter.