This week I was kindly sent a prospector pan from Sous Chef, so I decided to make a warming low FODMAP King Prawn Curry to enjoy on a cosy Saturday night in. The pan is 12″, non-stick and double-handled so it can be placed from the hob straight into the oven (I can’t wait to make my shakshuka in it!) I don’t have a pan like it, so I will be making lots of new recipes this Christmas season. I love the rustic look, and on it’s first use it lived up to expectation. It was completely non-stick and very easy to wash after (it’s just washed in hot water to prevent the removal of the oil coating). It’s made from spun iron and it’s pre-seasoned with oil so it should become more non-stick over time with use. To read more about the pan click here.
The curry recipe below is free from FODMAPs, including gluten and dairy, and was served with homemade chapatis and basmati rice.
King Prawn Curry
- 200 g King prawns (raw)
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 Tomatoes
- 300 g Chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Garlic-infused oil
- 1 Red chilli
- 15 g Coriander
- Basmati rice to serve
For the chapatis:
- 125 g Gluten free plain flour
- 70 g Water
- Prepare the chapati dough by mixing the flour and water and kneading by hand. Roll out on a floured surface into small circles and set to one side.
- Heat the garlic-infused oil in a pan and add the chilli (finely chopped), garam masala, turmeric, ground coriander, ground cumin and tomatoes (cut into small pieces).
- After a couple of minutes add the chopped tomatoes and stir gently on a medium heat.
- Once it's cooked through, add the raw king prawns. While the prawns are cooking, in a separate pan, fry the chapatis in a little oil. As they begin to bubble with air, flip them until browned slightly.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander over the curry and serve with basmati rice and a chapati.
This is the first time I’ve ever made a prawn curry (and gluten free chapatis!) and it was much easier and tastier than I expected! Let me know if you give it a try, I hope you enjoy it!
The Netherton Foundry 12″ Prospector pan was gifted by Sous Chef. To browse their cookware range, click here.