During the past week or so I’ve been making the most of my time off and spending lots of time in the kitchen. I’ve been trialling a number of different recipes I’ve really missed since going low FODMAP. As I’m a keen baker, many of these have turned out to be on the sweet side, including my recent Gluten Free Jam Doughnuts and my new favourites, gluten free, dairy free and egg free Jammy Dodgers. With just five ingredients, they are super easy to make (and you can turn them into any shape you like!). They are also vegan and tummy-friendly too!
Gluten Free Jammy Dodgers
- 225 g Butter (dairy free)
- 120 g Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 300 g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 50 g Strawberry Jam
- Cream together the butter and icing sugar in a large mixing bowl using a wooden spoon or electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla extract and the flour and mix until you have a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180 degrees and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out the biscuit dough and use circular cutters (I used the crimped side) to cut out your biscuit shapes. In every other circle, I cut out a heart using a small cutter (for the tops).
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until all of the biscuits are starting to look golden.
- Place the biscuits onto a wire rack to cool.
- Spread a half a teaspoon of strawberry jam onto the base biscuits, starting in the centre then spreading out, then place the cut out biscuit on top.
- Dust the biscuits with icing sugar to serve.
What other biscuits do you miss? Let me know in the comments below and I’ll do my best to recreate them! I hope you enjoy making, and eating these, as much as I do.